The system / device should be suitable for measuring the severity of PD inside Electrical Power
Transformer in field / site/plant and capable of detecting the location of PD accurately
accurately and should have
• Detecting, locating, measuring and storing the amplitude, frequency and phase resolved PD data.
• Post processing of stored PD data [for evaluation of the characteristic PD quantity in mili volts
(“apparent charge” associated with pico coulombs from an electrically triggered system if
possible) ] and display in 2D & 3D graphs.
• Provide information for magnitude (apparent charge) phase-position and event time of each PD
signal to be recorded and stored.
• Supplied with diagnostic tool (software) for data evaluation and automatic PD failure recognition
using a PD data base tool (foot print analysis).
• Software capable of creating a 3 dimensional picture of transformer tank and diagrammatic
representation of location of sensors on surface of transformer tank with colour code.
• Visualizing & analyzing the PD events in reply mode (based on stored data), without loss of any